【英文文学与电影之间的那点chemistry】

相信大家都对国外的那些大片很感兴趣, 那我就来讲述一下关于英文文学和电影的关系吧~

《美女与野兽》在本周五刚刚上映,票房一直位居榜首,大家是不是都和小编一样沉浸在大表哥和艾玛的美色中无法自拔呢?两个人的英式口音真是浓浓的贵族感!那么今天,就让我们一起来讨论一些“文学作品与电影改编”。


1.Pride and Prejudice(傲慢与偏见)

《傲慢与偏见》一定是大家都不陌生的一部作品,由凯拉奈特莉主演,于2005年9月16日在英国上映,主要讲述了19世纪初期英国乡绅之女Bennet家五姐妹充满“傲慢”与“偏见”的爱情故事。

The movie was based on Jane Austin’s book about five sisters——the beautiful Jane, the clever Elizabeth, the bookish Mary, the immature Kitty and the wild Lydia. Their life became not uneventful any more since Mr. Bingley and Mr. Darcy’s coming. That Mr. Darcy gave his heart to Elizabeth but he tried to get rid of that feelings suggested his pride, and Elizabeth’s refusal to Mr.Darcy also proved her prejudice. Such conflicts could be seen everywhere in the film, which kept highlighting the theme——pride and prejudice.


【经典台词剪影】

“Some people even did not intend to do bad things, can in fact it can still do wrong, misery consequences.  Every careless and don’t see other people’s well-intentioned, and the lack of a decisive person, all similar to harm them.”

有些人即使没有存心做坏事,可事实上事情仍会做错,引起不幸的后果。凡是粗心大意、看不出别人的好心好意,而且缺乏果断的人,都一样能害人。

“Pretendmodesty often is nonsense, sometimes just is the beat around the bush boast.”

假装谦虚往往就是信口开河,有时候简直是拐弯抹角的自夸。

 

“The more I see of the world, the more I am dissatisfied with it.”

对这个世界看的越多,我就越不满。

“There are few people whom I really love, and even fewer of whom I think well.”

我真心爱的人不多,看得起的人更少。

 

“Not all of us can afford to be romantic.”

并不是我们所有的人都会拥有浪漫。

2.The Great Gatsby(了不起的盖茨比)

《了不起的盖茨比》是一部以20世纪20年代的纽约市及长岛为背景的中篇小说,小说的背景被设定在现代化的美国社会中上阶层的白人圈内。在《了不起的盖茨比》问世后,作者弗·司各特·菲茨杰拉德也奠定了在现代美国文学史上的地位,成为了20年代"爵士时代"的发言人和"迷惘的一代"的代表作家之一。


At first sight, you might consider it as a romantic story, but the further narration revealed it as the reflection on the American society during the 1920s, which suggested the corruption of the American dreams. Gatsby cared about Daisy with all his heart and soul. He was once declined because of his poverty. Then he became wealthy due to the illegal business but people still looked down upon him. Eventually,he died for Daisy but nobody came to his funeral except his father and his friend.


【经典片段剪影】

"I was within and without."

我即是旁观者清,亦是当局者迷。

 

"All the bright, precious things fade so fast. And they do not come back."

所有的光鲜亮丽都抵不过时间,并且一去不复返。

 

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

我们奋力前行,小舟逆水而上,不断的被浪潮推回到过去。


"Whenever you feel like criticizing anyone, just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had."

每当你觉得想要批评什么人的时候,你切要记着,这个世界上的人并非都具备你禀有的条件。


"A sense of the fundamental decencies is parceled out unequally at birth."

人们的善恶感一生下来就有差异。

 

 

"Conduct may be founded on the hard rock or the wet marshes, but after a certain point I don't care what it'sfounded on."

人们的品行有的好像建筑在坚硬的岩石上,有的好像建筑在泥沼里,不过超过一定的限度,我就不在乎它建在什么之上了。


还有很多的改编电影,小编还没有罗列出来,但是希望通过今天的推送stimulate一下各位同学对“文学”和“电影”的兴趣。英语和小说可以作为学习英语的好方法,背下好词好句说不定对口语作文都有帮助哟~


最后献上艾玛的盛世美颜,安利各位同学去看一下最近大热的Beauty and the Beast,不知道你命中注定的是美女还是野兽呢?